Monday, January 26, 2009

Coo-coo for Cupcakes


4:27 PM pollyprissypant - Baker #28 - Julie Stolberg. Creation? Green Eggs and Ham cupcakes…seriously! Made with cornbread and cheese and ham…and the egg ones are pineapple. So cool.

A live blog posting from CupcakeCamp yesterday. An innocent sharing of like minded cupcake fans turned into a grabby, pushy affair. The fun part was baking the cakes. It's always so relaxing. Even the stressful parts are fun. Somehow I ruined icing not once but twice. With Rich's help we figured it out. Weird how icing sugar and butter come together to form deliciousness. I am tempted to try more complex frostings, but adding eggs scares me.

Not to toot my own horn, but nobody baked a sweet and savoury combo. I proudly made Green Eggs (Pineapple Cupcakes) and Ham (Cornmeal Cheddar and Ham cupcakes). Now what to bake next year!