Saturday, May 30, 2009

Bacon Brule

It's true. I was treated to the most delicious meal last night at Globe on the Danforth.
For my belated birthday dinner, my friend Cara chose Globe as our post mani/pedi dinner spot. From the rainy street side, Globe didn't look like much, but as we walked in and the further we walked in, the space got more and more glamorous. Globe is a sophisticated supper club. Banquets, chandeliers, huge wine list and exquisite service.

I had a fabulous arugula salad to start. Very simple, very delicious. And the portion size was huge. Then for my main I had lobster three different ways. Tempura, cold thinly sliced with citrus and a salad with peas and berry jelly. Amazing. But dessert for me was the real kicker - creme brule´with smoked bacon donuts and bacon brittle. WOW! I wish I had taken a photo.

Apparently they have a wonderful patio. A perfect excuse to go back.