Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Mean Gazpacho

Made a fine Gazpacho last night. The secret...chipotle peppers. I only added two to the mix, but it added an unexpected smokiness. With the weather finally heating up, cold soup did the trick.

Smoky Gazpacho
-A cookie sheet filled with sliced hot house, plum and cherry tomatoes
-5 cloves of garlic
-2 English cucumbers
-Can of chipotle peppers
-Basil

First I roasted the tomatoes with the garlic in olive oil. About 30 min in a 350 oven.
Then I blended it a bit in the Cuisinart. Next I tossed in the peeled cucumber, 2 chipotle peppers, salt and pepper and basil. I blended it some more. I like the Gazpacho more blended, some like it chunky. It's your call.

And that's it. I would serve it with a dollop of sour cream or maybe a sprinkling of Parmesan.