Monday, January 25, 2010

PopTart

Just finished the book, The Philosophy of Andy Warhol: From A to B and Back Again. I loved it. Small antidotes from the Pop of Pope on everything from beauty to fame to death.

I've always been a fan of Warhol. Everybody is. He was a really smart man. He understood that the best art is the art of business. That's why everybody knows and loves Warhol.

In this book, his brilliance and craziness shone through. I didn't realize he was so shy. Or that he loved TV and owned many. He was crazy for perfume and sweets. Loved chatting on the phone. Loved being an outsider. He really had a unique way at looking at life. So honest.

Some of my favourite bits:

-Fantasy love is better than reality love
-I'd rather laugh in bed than do it
-Always omit blemished- they're not part of the good picture
-Buying is much more American than thinking