Monday, February 15, 2010

Bitten


I'm hooked on the Olympics. Everyone is. It's pretty cool to sit with your closest friends on a Monday and cheer on freestyle skiing. Not just Canadian skiers, all skiers. I was so ready to write off the games. All the hype was whipping me out. But as soon as they started I had to watch. And then Canada won gold. It was one of the most touching TV moments. Watching Alex Bilodeau thank his brother Frederick with cerebral palsy. It was magic. It was beautiful. I'm jealous of our Vancouver friends who get to be at the games. I hope it's as cool as I think it is. Beyond the marketing machine that it is, the Olympic Games are pretty special. Athletes from all of over the world competing, maybe it's the Canadian in me, but I don't care about winning, just hosting is enough.