Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Onward Upward


Quitting is never easy. You think it should be, um, because your quitting, but it's tough. Telling the people you work with that you're moving on is hard. It's not them, it's you. Well I just resigned and I feel pretty sad. I've only been here a year and a half. I really hadn't thought about moving on until recently. But when opportunity strikes, you have to take it (especially in this business).

In less than a month, I'll be working side-by-side with my dear friend Catherine. It's going to be great. We'll be leading the creative pack at Dashboard. They do really great digital work, and the best part, the clients actually want digital ideas! For once in my career I really feel like I know where I'm going. I've been wavering so much between career and kids, and with this move I know that right now I want to focus on work. And travel, did I mention I get 4 weeks vacation!

I'll miss the fine folks at Leo/Arc. Martin for sure. But hey, now we can be outside of work friends. Pumpkin Patch for life.