Friday, March 19, 2010

Scorned


Last night I tried to treat myself to an iphone. I've been tossing and turning, wondering if I really want this phone. But, when I tried to sync my calendar with my BlackBerry, only to realize I don't pay for that service, I had enough. Not to mention that my bill is around $100 every month and I don't have access to the net. It's crazy. With an iphone and a proper package, I can do so much more for the same. So last night, I jumped off the street car and ran into a Telus boutique. Big mistake.

Everything was going so well.The iphone and my turquoise case were in hand, when the sales associate informed me I'd have to wait 2 more months to get this phone. See, I took over a friend's contract a year ago and I have 15 months left. But I'm not asking to get out of my contract, I just want a new phone. I had the $400, ready to hand over, and they wouldn't take it. I was told that if I want the phone so badly, I should get one on Craigslist. Is that nuts? They would rather I buy an unlocked phone than give them the money.

So, now I'm at a loss. Should I kick Telus to the curb and pay my penalty to break the contract? Or, should I just wait?