Thursday, July 29, 2010

Caplansky's

Yummm...last night we dined at Caplansky's with sweet Andrea from Montreal. Sure Montreal may be the Mecca for smoked meat, but I think Caplansky's does a pretty awesome job. We feasted on brisket, latkes, smoked meat sandwiches, turkey sandwiches, pickles, and coleslaw. At the end of the meal, I asked to take home a pound of salami. Caplansky's offered to slice it - and since I always slice it so think, I said why not. Well the slicing process took forever. Finally when my bag got to me, for some reason it weighed like 20pounds. Instead of giving me a pound, they gave me the whole thing (no wonder why it took so long!). Sadly gave it all back, but the sweet chef treated me to the ends of the salami, plus my pound. Can't wait to barbecue it this weekend.