Thursday, January 27, 2011

Somewhere Between Jeggings and Lululemon my Pants Stopped Fitting

I don't know how it happened, but since we packed up our home and moved out for our reno, I've gone up 2 pant sizes. It's a good thing. Pulling out clothes from dry-wall covered bins makes me realize just how tiny I was and how much clothes I've accumulated over the last 10 years. When I moved to Toronto I had a few bags, now I have 2 closets worth. I'm a clothes rat! But gaining weight has made it easier for me to say good-bye to some of my favourites. And to think so many of these pieces were worn only once! (like my Top Shop jeans) I tend to buy amazing stuff and then save it for a special outing, and then get something else for the next event. Well not any more. This closet cleansing has made me see the light. First off - I do not need any more clothes. Even after clearing out, I still have so much. This doesn't mean no more shopping, but smarter shopping. Next, I am no longer saving stuff - what if I go up 2 more sizes? Great clothes are meant to be warn.

I think I am taking this size increase rather well. Forever I've been afraid to change my body. Rather, grow up. Fitting into clothes I wore in high school was sickly comforting. But alas, marriage and renovations have turned me into a woman. Curves and all.