Thursday, April 8, 2010

Amsterdam Take Me Away

As April 30th approaches, I'm longing for Queen's Day in Amsterdam. It's one of the funnest parties I know. A few years back, Liza, Kenny, Rich and I went for a long weekend. The weather was amazing - sunny and warm. So different than my first visit to Amsterdam. We spent the days in the parks, tip-toed through the multi-coloured tulips and at night we went to the greatest party with Sander Kleinenberg.

Queen's Day is a country wide celebration, honouring the Queen's birthday. Not only does everyone swarm to the streets to party, but they also sell the stuff they no longer need in a giant garage sale. I bought a pink princess dress like the Princess in Mario Land wears. Rich got a native head dress. Liza picked up a cool zippy jacket and I think Kenny got herring (yup the fish).

Can't say I remember the food. Kenny feasted on these fried batons. For once, the cuisine didn't matter. It was all about fun. Oh to run away to Koninginnedag.